Java Developer Lead
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
For our Trade processing services (TPS) application we are looking for senior lead engineers, highly skilled in Java in a cloud based agile environment. You will be working within a cross functional team of Engineers, DevOps, and Business analysts to implement new features and seek to continually improve the application performance. We love the cloud, we prefer building the right solutions over buying generic ones, and we embrace automation and testing in all things software, infrastructure and data.
We certainly embrace change and encourage efficiency in everything we do. Each project presents a different challenge, but filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass client expectations.
Ideas are encouraged and personal development is respected in this company, so if you are looking for a place to really make a change this could be the role for you!
What you need:
- Extensive experience in building applications delivered on cloud-based services in a disruptive environment.
- Experience in micro services architecture based application development for high volume complex finance applications.
- Deep knowledge of best practices on distributed architecture and event based programming.
- A good understanding of the spring stack (notably Spring Web and Spring Security)
- A good understanding of Java / JVM internals, micro service design and protocols and streaming technologies
This role would suit a Developer who would like to increase and diversify their skillset with additional business knowledge. This challenging role offers an excellent opportunity to work on complex technical problems while also gaining an understanding of the
We need to be at the forefront of the rapidly advancing technology that helps our traders/salespersons meet their targets. We are investing heavily in delivering more speed in the user experience. Join us and see how far you can go.
- Act as lead developer to enhance Java components in line with business-driven requirements
- Promote and follow engineering best practices
- Apply an engineering mind-set to development work: understand use-cases in detail, develop metrics to build good estimates of volume and compute velocity requirements, understand and discuss openly any implementation limitations or workaround
- Contribute actively to system design decisions
- Evaluate and build POCs for new strategic initiatives and work to convert to industrial level solutions
- Provide post release assistance to business, development, and support groups
- Develop application as per best practice and remain compliant with prescribed best practices (TDD, maintain high unit test coverage, CI/CD)
- Work in a leading banking environment on cloud-based platform building micro services
- Develop and gain an advanced understanding of Rates business, markets, products & flows
• Technical skills:
- Significant years demonstrable and relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Java / Spring stack for microservice development and a demonstrable understanding of Java internals (JIT, advanced debugging scenarios, JVM memory management etc.)
- Experience of Kafka
- Solid understanding of REST API development, ideally on Spring Boot
- Experience with the design and implementation of cloud-ready applications and deployment via Kubernetes / Open shift
- Good knowledge of SQL would be a plus
- Experience working on a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment. Familiarity with TeamCity, Sonarqube and Jenkins
- Experience with the SDLC lifecycle and working within an Agile environment
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of engineering best practices: design patterns, coding standard, code review, unit testing via Mockito and Junit
• Business facing and interpersonal skills:
- As TPS has a global presence, the candidate must have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to apply technical skills and knowledge of the Fixed income business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- Responsible, agile, and collaborative team worker.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others, effectively influencing peers and business partners.
- Self-motivated and organized, with determination to achieve goals; ability to work autonomously when required.
- Ability to face off to all business users (traders, financial controllers, risk managers, etc.)
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
- Significant relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
- Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.