ICM Collateral Risk Manager (EMEA)
Title: ICM Collateral Risk Manager
Division: Institutional Credit Management
Officer Title: Vice President
Reporting to: Karima Baimbetova
Location: Frankfurt or Paris
Legal Entity: CEP or CGME
The Collateral Risk Manager is a key member of the in-business credit risk function with responsibility for the collateral that underpins the bank’s lending activities in the EMEA region. The Collateral Risk Manager, in close partnership with individual business units and with the second-line risk management function, leads a specialized team overseeing the management of collateral across multiple business units, identifying and responding to exceptions in the use of collateral and monitoring collateral-related risks across all businesses in the region.
This is a new role in a rapidly growing area of the bank and provides an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, innovative and results-oriented individualto play a key role in the development of a new department within the bank.
Ideal candidates for this role will have extensive experience in corporate lending and related collateral activities, either in a front office / banking capacity or from a cross-business risk or support function. They will have a track record in tackling new challenges, solving complex problems, building relationships and delivering effective and robust solutions.
In line with its focus on risk and controls, Citi has created a new first line risk function, Institutional Credit Management (ICM). ICM’s principal focus is credit risk, and it has been established with the objective of providing integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, and the management of associated risks for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise.
Within ICM, the Collateral team focuses on the monitoring and management of risks relating to collateral posted and received in connection both with Citi’s trading and banking book activities. The Collateral team will consist of 4 regional Collateral Risk teams (NAM, EMEA, APAC, LATAM) and a central regulatory team (split across NAM and EMEA).
The Collateral Risk Manager is tasked with establishing and operating an effective collateral risk function in their respective region, covering both banking book and trading book collateral. The role reports to the regional head of ICM Collateral Management.
The Collateral Risk Manager will drive the implementation of the collateral operating model and manage the oversight of collateral activities in the region, in the process building extensive relationships with regional business units, second line risk and the wider ICM Team.
Key benefits include the development of an unusually broad perspective on the firm’s markets activities (including Rates, FX, Equities, Commodities and Credit), the acquisition of specialized knowledge of regulatory developments and the firm’s financing practices, exposure to senior leadership and a rewarding, creative, and dynamic working environment.
The Collateral Risk Manager will be expected to make a major contribution towards the refinement of the team’s mandate and operating model and to take a leading role in the execution of existing responsibilities including:
- The identification, classification and prioritization of collateral related risks (including wrong way risk, and, in collaboration with ICM colleagues, the internal assessment of credit and liquidity characteristics of collateral)
- The ongoing oversight, review and refinement of collateral management processes and the tools and data supporting them
- In partnership with ICM colleagues, the integration of risks deriving from collateral into counterparty credit considerations
- Take ownership of first line risk agenda in all relevant governance bodies
- Leadership of the regional Collateral Risk Team including the management and career development of team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant experience in Financial Services (or strategy consulting) including credit extension/management in corporate lending
- Highly analytical & creative mindset
- Track record in building relationships and partnering with various internal teams
- Strong and impactful presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and a quick learner
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a front office environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the characteristics of individual collateral types, particularly real estate, physical assets and other non-financial collateral is a plus
- Familiarity with large scale data and querying and engaging with technology partners is preferred
- Successful in executing collaborative projects with businesses relating to data analysis, including identifying patterns and anomalies
- Knowledge of Citi’s infrastructure is a plus
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Decisions
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.