Vice President, Trustee Operations, Hong Kong
This is an exciting opportunity in the Trustee & Fiduciary Oversight Operations team within Citi’s Securities Services operations in HK. The Trustee acts on behalf of its investors and ensures that all trust assets are protected, the appointed administrators and service providers comply with its service and regulatory obligations & requirements, maintains best practices, and prepares/files all necessary fund statutory documentation. Performs daily and/or periodic tests to ensure that fund valuation reports are correct and accurate. Performs periodic and/or ad-hoc regulatory tasks to ensure that the fund is being managed in accordance with set guidelines of the trust agreements and statutory regulations.
The candidate is required to have strong knowledge and extensive practical experience of the following core trustee and fiduciary services and processes:
- Manage project, change and control program by working with various product and operation steams to develop trustee operations solutions for unit trusts, mutual funds and exchange traded funds and deliver in timely manner.
- Be part of the leadership team to ensure daily compliance monitoring, payment oversight monitoring, financial statement review and regulatory reporting are conducted.
- Implement a robust control, monitoring and reporting when onboarding new Fund Managers/Funds and handling existing Fund Managers.
- Work with both external (fund managers, professional firms, bankers etc.) and internal stakeholders including product, custody, client services team, fund administrator etc. to ensure the smooth and proper running of the trustee operations e.g. account opening and maintenance, tax filing and reclaim handling, fair valuation review, internal management reporting and manage regulator and auditor queries.
- Ensure the conduct of the fiduciary and fund services business is conducted in accordance with all relevant internal policies and external rules and regulations and achieving satisfactory internal and external audit ratings.
- Conduct annual due diligence and monitor performance of all agents (internal and external) in compliance with applicable policies and guidelines.
- Stay abreast of market and regulatory developments in the fiduciary and fund services industry.
- Assist the Head of Trustee Ops Hong Kong and Regional Head Trustee Ops to share best practices and deliver projects assigned from time to time.
The candidate should also have experience and the following responsibilities:
- Review of fund prospectuses / offering documents, operating memorandums and key fund documentation
- Fund launches and implementation
- Client conversions
- Client change request management
- Client & vendor management
- Oversight of trustee & fiduciary obligations and functions
- Oversight and control management for domestic and outsourced functions
- Managing client due diligence visits
- Awareness of regulatory and industry change and how it impacts the business
The following aspects of the role as a team manager are also important:
Project and Change Management:
Besides assisting the Head of Trustee Ops Hong Kong to delivery Business As Usual activities (BAU), the candidate need to champion change management projects to improve the control, effectiveness and efficiency of the business. The candidate will also assist Regional Head Trustee Ops on global, regional and HK sites activities and projects.
The candidate will be expected to identify issues or inefficiencies within the team and to build a strong, controlled working environment, concentrating on error prevention and mitigation.
Relationship and Network Building:
The candidate is expected to focus on building relationships with clients, business partners, service providers and vendors, as well as other Citi stakeholders in other Citi locations that perform tasks on behalf of the fund. The candidate will act as the Trustee operation’s Point of Contact for the vendor and sites performing functions on behalf of its trustee clients and will require strong skill sets and experience in respect of:
- Acting as key relationship and escalation point for the vendors/other Citi locations across all trustee appointed functions, taking end-to-end responsibility for the trustee relationship.
- Manage change with these business partners to ensure a controlled change environment
- Engage in proactive added-value communication with the vendors/other Citi locations, and conduct briefings within trustee operations to build awareness across the teams.
- Understand the requirements of oversight and control of third party outsourced functions and the importance of adhering to regulatory obligations.
- More than 8 years of experience within the Trustee Services &/or Fund Services Operations or in a Fund Services support role e.g. Fund Compliance &/or Fund Administration Service Support role and should have been in a people management position for at least 3 years.
- Solid knowledge investment or fund compliance, fund products and operations, due diligence. Audit experience will be advantageous
- Previous exposure in trustee fiduciary, fund services and operations, transaction control, audit, internal risk & controls or compliance experience are preferred
- Self-initiative, take ownership, ability to motivate others and drive for excellence
- Analytical thinking and able to work independently
- Sensitive to business risk areas
- Good reasoning and communication skills
- Be a team player and able to build rapport to internal and external stakeholders
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Fund Accounting
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.