Capital Markets Sales
Capital Markets Sales is key member of the team supporting execution of the sales strategy for Capital Markets in the EMEA region, assisting to increase Capital Markets participation and broadening the Capital Markets client base, partnering with product and strategy teams to help deliver the scope and breadth of the Capital Markets platform to both internal and external clients. The candidate will be heavily involved in the sales, marketing and syndication of Structured Products and OTC derivatives (light and exotic) as well as a conduit to identify opportunities for direct to desk client service or clients’ institutional needs. The team member will have constant interaction with the Banker / IC Community, some end clients and the control functions. There will also be a requirement to provide assistance to product leads and management in strategic analysis of the product suite. The candidate will source and deliver investment ideas and help develop wholesale client content and product positioning to Citi Private Bank clients, directly and indirectly.
The role is a seasoned professional role which requires fluent communication skills as well as agility to grasp and market the multi product offering of the platform and analytical skills to help assist a strategic marketing approach. Given the breadth of products covered and need to showcase new ideas as well as refreshing more mature themes, being naturally inquisitive with creative aptitude would be an asset. The professional integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area and applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge to contribute to the development of new marketing techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the platform or product functions. Requires solid understanding of how products collectively integrate within the platform as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the products and overall business.
Requires excellent analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Evaluates moderately complex/ variable issues with impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Resilience to counter the challenges of a growing and developing business will be a key attribute, so the candidate needs to have a growth mindset, entrepreneur spirit and can do attitude to succeed in the seat. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams, so soft influencing skills is a necessity. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits
- Help develop the sales / marketing and after-sales process – ranging from bespoke regional client based solutions to an institutionalized outreached tailored to get most impact from IC/banker network.
- Work in close partnership with security advisory and structuring teams to canvas the right investment ideas/ opportunities fitting Citi Research and Global Investment Committee views and ensure its broad distribution to IC/Banker network and clients
- Actively enable and develop the syndication effort around high conviction ideas and participate in daily morning meetings and marketing team sales calls
- Assist with the roll-out and development of the project work needed to expand and improve on the platform and product infrastructure.
- Assist and manage the regular product reporting activity as well as various ad-hoc metric requests. Support the strategic product/platform performance review to help tailor targeted sales strategy.
- Communicate/deliver/close on client investment proposals and new account pitches as part of the overall client team
- Increase connectivity and engagement between Markets, Banking and Citi Private Bank clients and staff.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- This role will have client coverage responsibilities, whether presenting new themes, ideas or solutions, via 1-1 client calls, wider client cluster calls or through client seminars to help promote the most salient ideas and solutions across all asset classes and Capital Markets products.
- Candidates should have strong sales and presentation skills and have robust foundation in Capital Markets (multi asset class) and natural business acumen. Background in equities/ OTC options/ structured notes would be additive. Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge, experience and expertise in financial markets, possess excellent presentation, organizational, attention to detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, energy, and confidence to achieve strong business results. Judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information are critical.
- Extensive experience in capital markets sales and trading or investment management
- Preferably located in Luxembourg; possible flexibility for London/Geneva location for the right candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA additive
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:Investment Capital Markets
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.