SVP Relationship Manager - Industrial Disruptors
Citi® Commercial Bank (“CCB”) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company that has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries. CCB resides in the bank’s broader Institutional Clients Group (“ICG”). The US CCB typically targets clients with revenues between $10 million and $3+ billion.
The Industrial Disruptors team (“ID”) is a new group within the US CCB’s broader Industrials’ vertical that has been assembled to address the dynamic and evolving needs of early-stage companies. Companies managed out of ID demonstrate three common elements: (i) they are early-stage (many pre-revenue and most pre-profit) and fit within the target market of the Industrials’ industry vertical; (ii) they develop new products or processes that are viewed as disruptive to current in-place technology; and (iii) they expect exponential growth in the next <5 years if their technology is adopted/commercialized. Almost all Industrial disruptors are involved in environmental sustainability, decarbonization, and electrification initiatives.
Example of companies that are target market for ID include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Manufacturers – surface and air
- EV/HV Component Ecosystem, i.e., batteries, recharging/refueling infrastructure
- Autonomous Applications, i.e., lidar, self-driving full-stack, smart city infrastructure, etc.
- Space Tourism and Exploration
- Manufacturing Technology, i.e., chemical process, renewable packaging, robotics, 3D printing, etc.
Given the stage of lifecycle, ID companies have a significant need for capital and are very active in the capital markets as well as M&A space. Success in this role will require the VP – Relationship Manager to have a strong background and knowledge base in accounting, corporate finance, equity capital markets, merger and acquisitions, and complex debt structures. The VP – Relationship Manager will interact with Investment Banking partners daily and will need to have a deep understanding of Citi Banking, Capital, Markets, and Advisory (“BCMA”) products and solutions.
Growth in ID is based on a prudent and organized approach to client selection and capital allocation to ensure Citi is developing strong relationships with and supporting the right companies in the target market. Clients often see the value and relevance of Citi in their bank group given our differentiated network breadth and product depth.
- Call on prospective clients in the subsector and forges meaningful business dialogue that differentiates Citi from its competition and ultimately results in client acquisition and revenue generation
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Founders, CEOs, CFOs and treasury teams and deliver the vast resources of Citi (globally) in a proactive and efficient manner
- Partner with Senior Bankers to provide overall relationship management support to existing clients when necessary
- Build a ‘second-nature’ understanding of Citi Risk Policy, culture and associated internal approval processes. Lead the end-end-end internal credit approval process without oversight
- Build and maintain relationships with Citi partners in CPB, CCB, and BCMA
- Invest in Citi’s junior talent by providing on-the-job training to analysts and associates when appropriate
- Develop a deep understanding of the subsector ecosystem. Responsible for staying abreast of market and industry trends, “best practices” and competitive landscape
- Responsible for evaluating public filings, research reports, operations, business plans, and financial forecasts to produce strategic and financial analyses
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all time
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in a corporate or investment banking relationship management role
- Regional / headquarter experience in a bulge bracket bank preferred
- Deep understanding of the commercial bank product suite, specifically traditional bank lending structures, liquidity, cash management, and foreign exchange and rates
- Significant working knowledge of the end-to-end corporate and investment banking product suite
- Fluent on different capital raising instruments used by early-stage companies, including private placements, SPAC/deSPACs, IPOs, Series funding rounds, convertible notes, and equity follow-ons
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment while making sound decisions and ability to manage multiple highly complex tasks while prioritizing accordingly
- Exceptional planning, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and acts with a heightened sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Possess a passion for working with early-stage companies in the subsector
- Formal credit training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Factset or Bloomberg
- Series 79 and 63 is a plus
- Ability to travel within the United States on a regular basis to visit existing and prospective clients
- Respect for information confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in Finance, Accounting, or Engineering
- MBA or Masters’ degree in Finance preferred
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Relationship Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.