Global Wealth Management Head of Engineering and Quality Apps Dev Function Grp Mgr-C16
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We’re looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: We Take Ownership, We Deliver with Pride, and We Succeed Together.
About the Global Consumer Bank
The Global Consumer Bauink organization delivers a wide array of banking, payments, lending and investment services to individual consumers and small businesses. Our products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including credit cards, basic banking, mortgages and investment advisory services.
To deliver on our brand promise, we must operate as a truly client-centric organization, driving a high tech, high touch experience for the full Citi relationship, particularly in our Wealth Hubs in Asia, EMEA, Mexico and the U.S. To do so, we have aligned our structure with our strategy, to ensure we win in Wealth Management across the globe, driving greater client-centricity across product, content, segment and geography, covering the entire client wealth continuum.
About Citi Global Wealth
Citi Global Wealth (CGW) is focused on serving the needs of clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It has been created by combining the Wealth Management businesses across Citi Global Consumer Bank and Citi Private Bank. By building on the strengths and capabilities across Citi, we intend to transform the way we serve clients across the wealth spectrum, delivering the full range of high tech and high touch capabilities Citi can offer, and ultimately help them achieve their goals.
Citi Global Wealth serves over 500,000 clients across its global footprint in Asia, Europe, Mexico, and North America. It delivers the full range of wealth products across investments, banking, lending, insurance, trust services and financial planning & advice.
Citi Global Wealth propositions are delivered via tailored offerings across the Citigold, Citi Private Client, International Private Bank and Citi Private Bank brands.
The financial landscape and growing customer preference to do business in the digital channels has been quickly evolving over the past five years with change on multiple fronts, including evolving client needs, market entry of nontraditional competitors and a shifting landscape of emerging technology providers. This has significantly impacted the way we interact with our clients, the products we create and the strategies we deploy. In order to compete with fast growing entrants that are non-traditional financial services institutions (e.g. Robinhood, Wealthfront, Stash, Acorns, etc.) we are focused on scaling our digital wealth capabilities, and modernizing our overall technology stack and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of Citi Global Wealth Technology, the Head of Citi Global Wealth Engineering and Quality is the most senior technology leader in the wealth engineering and quality space, responsible for driving disruptive thought leadership and new approaches to accelerate our wealth aspirations. This role takes advantage of engineering and quality engineering capabilities across the firm, while incubating and scaling leading-edge capabilities.
The role is accountable for helping identify, create, build, deliver and driving adoption of engineering capabilities, tools from within citi including DevOps and DevSecOps, agile transformation and quality engineering and automation including testing across all of GWM deliveries for driving the future of Global Wealth Business. This role will also entail management and owning safety and soundness responsibility for the Global Wealth Management Business. This role requires proactively identifying and implementing actions that ensure initiatives are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget while minimizing risks to the bank. This implies that this role is accountable for orchestrating a consistent transformation across business, technology, operations and channels for the engineering and quality area
The ideal candidate will be a senior-level technology professional and be a visionary leader in engineering/technology who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise. The candidate must be able to solve complex problems and work through roadblocks. Big delivery experience as well as technical and functional expertise in a Financial Services environment with a willingness to ‘roll-up sleeves’ are a must. Being able to partner with the business and create effective solutions for strategic Bank initiatives with innovation and Forward Compatibility are essential.
Objectives of the Role
- Act as an end to end solution provider for all engineering capabilities, processes and tools for the GWM organization including devops, devsecops, agile transformation and tools needed
- Shift left of quality engineering and also building out full automation for testing including functional, regression and performance testing
- Ensure delivery of required product capabilities on schedule with quality, leveraging Citi delivery methodology
- Drive process standardization with consistent measures of progress, quality, benefits across all teams to continue our drive towards a client centric organization creating product model principles
- Define and mobilize proper governance to evaluate, approve, prioritize and track transformational initiatives
- Ensure rigor in planning with regards and not limited to resourcing, testing, budget, critical path identification and risks
- Improve timeliness in decision making across teams and escalate potential roadblocks, including developing a forward looking view of critical interdependencies and critical risks, identifying mitigation actions and identifying issues to escalate for Senior Management decision making
- Continue to leverage and ensure alignment with the Cross Product Architecture, Testing and Integration groups
- Drive disciplines in the area of Financials, SDLC and Program Management in order to have repeatable, high quality and on-time delivery.
- Improve our interaction model and provide greater clarity and accountability between project teams.
- Be responsible to manage multiple environments, data ingestion for quality engineering needs and also driving UAT working with the business
- Accountable defining the appropriate development method (ex: agile)
- Focus on culture, communication and alignment across all Global Wealth Management Technology teams.
- Coordinate solutions across GWM Technology – ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
- Strong practical knowledge of Information Security and Authentication processes to design testing processes to break and identify vulnerabilities. Also connect various security engineering practices into the design and build phase to ensure that we shift left security engineering and also responsible for driving security engineering for the team
- Ability to understand end to end functional needs for Wealth Management products such as Bank, Credit Cards, Loans, deposit products, payments, wealth and investment products and associated regulations/reporting needs for developing a functional solution for various transformational projects
- Capable of eliciting user requirements/stories and understand impacts against book of work as well as other programs in flight and put necessary mitigation steps
- Manage Capability streams, Testing, Program Management, Safety & Soundness, Architecture and other execution streams such as vendors, technology development/modernization and Dev Ops.
- Understand strategy as well as tactical needs and jointly set priority. Communicate schedule and progress against target delivery dates
- Develop innovative solutions in the engineering and quality space focused on improving customer experience, reducing cost and accelerating time to market while being fully compliant with risk, compliance and regulatory policies of GWM and Citi globally
- Apply appropriate engineering and quality methodologies for legacy and next generation software
- Support across multiple time-zones and geographies, working with vendors, GWM and across Citi globally
- Experience in Scrum, Test Driven Development and waterfall methodologies
- Execution/Delivery experience of large transformation programs
- Experience in API/Micro-Services design
- Experience in Cloud Public and Private
- Experience in Tokenization and Management of Cloud based solutions
- Support our Talent Management and Mobility strategy
Skills and Work Activities that support these responsibilities include:
- Provide senior leadership and advice/counsel on large-scale strategic initiatives and act as the representative on senior executive working groups
- Engage in innovative problem solving activities, requiring conceptual thinking as they will be responsible for creating 'out of the box' solutions with prototypes and pilots. Certain proposals will involve extensive involvement in all phases - cost & benefit analysis of in-house vs outsourcing, timeline, expenses associated to initial outlay, cost of customization and cost to run and speed to market.
- Develop and implement best-in-class processes, metrics, and practices
- Establish and build global relationships and partnerships across business, technology and operations
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset to attract, develop and advocate a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
- Drive successful performance management, talent management and communications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple work streams
- Identify and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Exercise control over budget, policy formulation and planning and significant contribution to future strategy
- 15+ years of progressive senior technology leadership experience in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on Consumer Banking
- 15+ years' experience in overall IT hands on experience across development, engineering and quality a must
- 10+ years’ experience leading large-scale transformation Programs at multinational financial institutions, driving Governance and Delivery Excellence processes
- 10+ years’ experience with delivery of high-quality strategic large-scale projects/releases
- 10+ years’ experience running an application development organization and BA expertise a significant plus
- Rounded knowledge of all aspects of the technology stack in a large scale, complex organization is critical. Experience and knowledge in both distributed and mainframe systems are preferred
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to take an organization from a perspective of legacy technology to a position of industry leading technology innovation
- Possess a track record of transforming a business through strong execution and delivery
- Experience running or creating a scrum methodology that is deeply ingrained in the fabric of a large scale technology function
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, roadmap
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within Global Consumer Technology. Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles
- Flexibility with travel
- Great at mentoring, coaching as well as being a diversity champion
- Dynamic, engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills - must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success
- Exceptional influencing skills with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.