Head of Re-engineering & Exam / Audit support – Mortgage CAO
The role reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer of Mortgage. The role encompasses a variety of responsibilities spanning organization-wide planning, strategy development and execution across originations and servicing, with particular focus on materially improving the residual operational risk on a sustainable basis in the control environment, leading mortgage thought leadership, planning, and execution of technology automation and other programs designed to improve the residual risk level. In addition, this role will supervise resources engaged in design and operationalize the program management of automating a portfolio of key control activities. This role will not only manage audit and examinations but will detect and identify regulatory issues within processes and provide mitigation opportunities and develop longer-term approaches from a strategic perspective and will develop longer-term approaches from a strategic perspective, including implementation of a continuous improvement methodology and total quality management capability. It involves direct communication and interaction with the Head of Mortgage, the Mortgage leadership team and key PBW collaborating partners within CBORC, ORM, ICRM, IA, and Legal. The role provides a unique perspective on the business, and the ability to gain broad exposure by driving and designing organizational technology strategy and addressing high impact initiatives and issues across the mortgage organization. This includes interfacing and driving the mortgage automation priorities within the technology roadmaps and department wide process improvement and control automation planning.
- Create, prioritize, organize, and execute changes to the operational processes in Mortgage end-to-end (origination and servicing) as it relates to process simplification, client experience items driving complaints, regulatory and operational risk controls, monitoring and key risk reporting; thought the leadership in the program management of the CAO process automation and improvement responsibilities including progress against milestones, status updates, reviews and creating executive program level summaries.
- Evaluate technology investments and identify changes needed in core processes to prior to adoption and implementation, ensuring that improvements to ease of use, reducing complexity, incorporating real time preventative controls, and appropriate automation of monitoring and key risk reporting
- Partner across Mortgage as well as with cross-functional and cross-business teams to scope, prioritize, build business cases and execute against projects to streamline and automate our activities and controls.
- Develops and executes influencing strategies to build & increase buy-in and business leadership support.
- Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs, ensuring stakeholders understand the program schedule and key milestones.
- Drive the mortgage priorities within the roadmaps with Data & Client Experience teams in O&T and Consumer, as well as global and consumer change implementation teams, global regulatory reporting teams, and various digital and automation teams.
- Evaluate vendor solutions, buys vs. build, technology investments and identify changes needed in core processes to prior to adoption and implementation, ensuring that improvements to ease of use, reducing complexity, incorporating real time preventative controls
- Review key processes for enhancements that will reduce residual risk profile and establish strategic short and long-term plans to further streamline processes to drive sustainable improvements
- Drive continue improvement efforts for the team to help simplify processes, automate controls and transform overall team effectiveness
- Responsible for communicating to executive management implications of existing and proposed regulation and developing potential responses. This may include regulations related to specific US mortgage or macro / systemic regulations.
- Conduct analysis of known regulatory issues to determine structural or organizational changes that need to occur to improve and enhance the speed of the resolution, ensuring successful remediation with best practice sharing and uniform adoption and application, as well as ensuring that self-identification of regulatory issues in mortgage improve holistically the control environment
- Review key processes to identify regulatory gaps through proactive auditing (of the CFPB & OCC handbooks) and recommend corrective action plans to promptly address the concerns.
- Drive development of CAO regulatory strategy and objectives & automation , mapping of accomplishments to the core pillars of the CAO strategy and creating materials to communicate strategy to the mortgage leadership team
- Own and Drive Mortgage audit and exam reporting routines as it relates to top key risk and control activities, issues, metrics, scorecard, etc. and presenting/communicating to the Head of Mortgage and the Mortgage Leadership Team as necessary.
- Own, develop and present communication materials, key initiative updates and presentations for Mortgage Leadership Team, Operating Committee, Regulators, and other key stakeholders as required. Synthesize and summarize data from across the business to provide critical information to executive team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Review key processes to identify gaps and establish strategic long-term plans to address and gaps and further streamline processes to drive sustainable improvements
- Network and collaborate with key constituents and leverage team resources in: Finance, Operational Risk and Compliance across Citi to drive business outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willingness and ability to work across all levels of organization
- Ability to influence teams, with non-direct reporting lines, including teams comprised of senior executives
- Experience working within a Lean organization
- Knowledge of re-engineering tools, principles and application (TQM, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience in all aspects of the mortgage business, including applicable regulation, investor requirements, business drivers, and processes that are used to complete mortgage activities
- Strong leadership/executive presence, communication skills, including proven experience in developing senior executive presentations and communications, distilling complex subjects into succinct updates
- Demonstrated thought leadership with the ability to develop a strategic vision, including development of business cases, alignment with key Citi objectives, and material improvement in the reputational risk of mortgage to Citi
- Ability to garner support and secure buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies and decision makers to deliver end-products
- Excellent people leadership skills to develop and retain high performing talent
- Ability to create an agile business approach and easily adapts to changing demands and priorities
- Acts as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor. Champions diversity and seeks to recruit, retain, and develop talent. Supports mobility.
- 15+ years of the experience required / Citi and Mortgage experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s/University degree or work experience equivalent to degree with managerial experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.