Rates Distribution Java Developer - ICG Rates – AVP
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The evolution of electronic trading and automation has changed the way that rates products trade forever, driving a need for real-time, low latency pricing, market making and risk technology. In this increasingly electronic and competitive landscape, Citi is key player due to its leading eTrading platform and investment in technology.
Rates eTrading team is responsible for Citi’s electronic connectivity platform, enabling our Rates business to achieve its market-leading position. Our competitive advantage is our technology and having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable trading experience.
We are looking for a talented and passionate developer to continue to evolve our next-generation trading applications. The role requires a detailed understanding of software design/best practices along with a strong technical ability. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on high profile trading applications. The team works closely with end users gaining direct exposure to the fast-paced world of front office trading and finance.
Rates Technology is responsible for delivering state of the art technology solutions to the Global Rates business. Initiatives includes deliveries across sales, risk, pricing, algorithmic trading, execution, trade processing, and much more.
Citi is one of the top global dealers on the street in Fixed Income and contributing to that success is a great opportunity to develop cutting edge technical skills with strong career opportunities.
The Fixed Income business has set out an ambitious growth plan, and strong technical development is critical to achieving our goals and enhancing our leading position in the financial market.
Job Responsibilities / Role:
Designing and developing front office eTrading applications to the trading business
Working directly with Traders, Sales, and Quants to shape the future direction of the platform.
Provide onsite support to Rates traders in Paris location
Troubleshooting challenging performance and scalability issues
Liaising with the global business, support, and development teams on various exciting projects
Utilizing creativity and innovation to improve the technical capabilities of the platform and ensuring it remains stable, flexible, and maintainable.
Assisting in third line support during core trading hours
Enhancing our automated testing efforts and optimizing our UAT process
Drive engineering standards and continue to strive for best
Build a strong profile in a high-performance global team (London, Paris, NY, Mississauga, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tokyo)
Learn and apply low latency programming solutions
Develop efficient and robust solutions to challenging business problems.
Work on a globally distributed team to deliver the next generation eTrading experience for traders at Citi.
Gain knowledge and exposure to Front Office Trading Systems, Fixed Income, and Derivatives flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / Information Technology or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Java Core and Multi-Threading
- Object oriented programming experience
- Experience with Spring framework, Linux, and any relational database
- Solid architectural understanding of enterprise applications
- Experience with modern software development practices such as Agile development, test-driven development, and continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Understanding of computing science fundamentals – concurrency, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- Experience developing large financial software trading systems with substantial hands-on development experience in building systems with an attention to optimizing and tuning performance, while also demonstrating critical thinking skills related to re-use, scalability, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of major Financial Products (e.g., EuroGovies/Swaps/GILTS/SAS etc.) and Broker/Customer Markets electronic trading flows.
- Experience on MongoDB
- Worked in an Agile globally distributed team using tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Sonar & Team City
- Worked with tools such as IntelliJ, Gradle, etc.,
- Experience on JSON/XML and REST service
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written; ability to face off to business users.
- Good team-work skills, and the ability to work in a distributed global team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to learn and achieve his/her goals
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
- Experience in full lifecycle development
- Ability to inspire and raise the level of his/her colleagues from a technical perspective.
- Ability to multi-task effectively
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
22만 명 이상의 유능하고 다양한 직원으로 구성된 Citi 팀에 합류하십시오
90개 국가의 공동체에서 자원봉사를 행하는 사회적 책임감을 가진 직원들
95개 이상의 시장에 실제로 존재하는 의미 있는 채용 기회
우리는 모든 개인을 포용하고 다양한 관점을 장려하여, 귀하가 영향력을 생성하고 경력을 성장시킬 수 있는 문화를 조성합니다. Citi는 높은 수준의 전문성 기준, 굳건한 성실성과 관대함, 지적 호기심 및 엄격함을 보여주는 동료를 소중하게 생각합니다. 우리는 귀하가 씨티에서 경력을 쌓는다는 일이 가진 중요성을 인식하며, 귀하의 헌신에 대하여 우리도 마찬가지로 노력할 것을 약속 드립니다
저장된 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.
이전에 본 채용 공고
열람한 채용 공고가 없습니다.